Obtaining a German driving license (“Führerschein“) means you are ready to start driving a vehicle in Germany. How do you get started? Where do you go? What documents do you need? Do you need a German driving license theory test?Well, all these questions and more would be answered in this article. This detailed guide will assist you in getting a German driving license without any hassle. To drive in Germany, you need a driving license issued in Germany or another European Union country. You must always have your driving license with you when driving. Driving licenses from non-EU countries are only valid for six months. A translation of your driver’s license into German is needed. The translation should be done by a German or internationally recognized automobile club or an authority in your home country or by a court-appointed translator. If you are visiting Germany, you are allowed to drive with the driving license you have obtained in your home country or an international driving license. You don’t need a translation if your driving license was issued in the EU, Andorra, Hong Kong, Monaco, San Marino, Switzerland, or Senegal. As we all know , Every country has its own driving rules and a different protocol which must be followed to obtain a driver’s license genuinely which can be used to drive, Work, Board Domestic Flights with all the benefits that comes with a valid German Driving Licence Owner. This Driving License works genuinely and it will be same as the licence issued from the Officials. Getting the license can be confusing at times if we do not take proper care and follow the guide . Obtaining a driver’s license these days is the most integral part of adjusting and transitioning to a new country. In this article, we will be a simple guide on how to purchase a driving licence without attending a driving school , without sitting for a driving test be it theory or practical. all you need to do is know how to drive and leave the rest to us . we would sort that our smoothly as we always do. facilitating the process and you get your driving licence delivered to your home, car and even at work place or Any location of your choice. Driving with a valid driving licence keeps your life assured and the life of others on the road too. Lets all drive now and drive safe.
How to Obtain a German Driving License?A driving license issued by an EU or EEA country remains valid in Germany until its expiry date. There are exceptions for certain categories of driving licenses. To qualify, it must be a full license, rather than a provisional one or an international driving permit. If you hold a driving license from a country that is not a member of the EU or the EEA, this license will be valid for 6 months after you have established your normal residence in Germany. After this period, your driving license will no longer be recognized. If you wish to continue driving, you will need a driving license issued in Germany. The conditions governing the issuing of a German driving license vary depending on which country you obtained your license from. Depending on your country of origin, you may have to take the theory and practical driving test to obtain a German driving license.
Requirements For Obtaining A Driving License In GermanyThe Driving License Office decides whether your driving license can be transferred without a test or you first have to take part in the theory and practical tests. Their decision depends on the country from which your driving license has been issued. You can check the validity of foreign driving licenses in Germany.If your driving license has been issued in an EU or EEA country, you can have your driving license transferred without a test.
Countries With Exchange Agreements With GermanyThe following countries have a special agreement with Germany to exchange driving licenses: Andorra Australia Canada Channel Islands Croatia French Polynesia Isle of Man Israel Japan Monaco Namibia New Caledonia New Zealand San Marino Singapore South Africa South Korea Switzerland *U.S.A. *The requirements for the U.S.A. vary according to state. Citizens of these countries enjoy a special reciprocal arrangement where they can exchange their foreign driving license for the German one. If your country is not listed, you will have to take either a theory or practical test (or both) to get a German license. The following documents have to be submitted along with your transfer application:
- Valid ID or passport
- Registration certificate
- Bio-metric passport photo
- Eye test results issued by an optician
- Confirmation of participation in a first aid course
- Translation of your foreign license (if applicable)
6 Steps In Obtaining A German Driving LicenseOnce you have successfully settled down in Germany, you need to start processing your driving license. Here are 6 steps to follow;
1. Take an eye testTo apply for a driving license in Germany, you will have to pass an eye test by an optician or eye specialist.
2. Complete a first aid courseAll driving license applicants are required to attend an “instruction in life support” first aid course. This course is usually delivered by the German Red Cross and lasts for 8 hours. It is a 9 units × 45 minutes course.
3. Enroll in a driving schoolIn Germany, the theory and practical driving tests are conducted through driving schools. To take these tests, you will need to be enrolled at a driving school. If you are learning to drive for the first time, you must go to a driving school. If you already have a driving license, you won’t need to start from scratch. Many driving schools offer instruction for individuals who already know how to drive, preparing them for the test in Germany. It is worth seeking this out, as it can save you a lot of money in the long run.
4. Request for a licenseOnce you have the required documentation, you can make an appointment to apply for your license. This step is only necessary for those that don’t have a driving license.
5. Take the theory testWhen you are ready to take it, your driving school will arrange for you to sit for your theory test. Preparing sufficiently for this test is very important, as around 31% of people fail the theory exam in Germany.
6. Take the practical testYour practical test will also be arranged by your driving school. You must take the practical test within 12 months of passing your theory test. Depending on the license category you are applying for, the test usually lasts between 30 to 45 minutes. You will be accompanied by your examiner and instructor; the examiner usually sits in the back seat to assess your driving skills. The exam is generally conducted in German, so it might be worth taking a German language class to brush up on some common driving terms.
7. Get your driving licenseIf you pass the practical driving test, you will be issued a temporary paper driving license. You will need to collect the permanent one from the licensing authority office. Within the first two years of passing the German driving tests, you are “on probation”, meaning that if you commit any violations during this period you run the risk of losing your license. During the trial period, there is a total ban on alcohol consumption.
Driving License Theory Test In GermanyYour driving school will register you for the theory test. You will need to present the following documents to be allowed to take the theory test:
- A Valid ID or passport
- An appointment letter
- A Training certificate issued by your driving school